Notice Regarding COVID-19
Dear Valued Patients:
As the impact of COVID-19 continues to grow in communities across Canada, and with Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer raising the public risk to ‘serious,’ we are seeing the need for increasingly bold action to reduce the transmission.
In order to balance the need for social distancing along with some of our patient’s need to access eye care we will be implementing the following measures beginning immediately:
- We are implementing a general policy of social distancing within all of our offices between our own staff.
- Our optometrists will be limited to seeing a maximum of two patients per hour. This will allow us time to properly sanitize all of our equipment to our new, increased cleaning standards between patients as well as regulate the number of people in our clinic at any given time.
- You will notice that our staff might be wearing masks and gloves. Do not let this alarm you as it is simply a precautionary measure.
- Patients who are returning from international travel or have been in direct contact with someone who has recently returned should reschedule their appointments for a future time.
- Patients who are displaying any symptoms of coughing, fever, runny nose, sore throat or shortness of breath are asked to reschedule their appointments for a future time.
- In the case of an eye care emergency patients who are displaying symptoms of coughing, fever, runny nose, sore throat or shortness of breath will be triaged to determine if they meet the urgent care criteria.
- Patients and staff are being asked to use the provided hand sanitizer at each location before beginning their eye exam.
We know that this has been a stressful time for you, your family and the community, but we are committed to doing our part to support a speedy recovery process for Canada in any way we can.
We thank you for your patience and understanding in these new and evolving times.
Yours in Health,
Doctors and Staff of Capital Vision Care